About Me

My photo
I AM... ...31. ...married to Wade who is a high school Spanish teacher, a pastor, and an auctioneer. Yes, that makes me a preacher's wife, and yes, he can talk fast. :) ...the mother of three little boys, Jackson (6), Parker (5), and Simon (1). ...a student. I decided awhile back that I don't have any interest in returning to Corporate America because it won't allow me to be the momma that I want to be. So I'm going to teach. When I am finished, I'll be certified to teach Middle Grades (5-9) Math. MY FAVORITE THINGS: Dates with Wade, Nike flip flops, Spring, music- singing/playing/listening, thrift stores, little blue cornflowers that grow on the side of the road here, opening the windows to let the breeze in, kissing my baby's little fat feet, red toenail polish, playing chase with Tucker (our English Shepherd), laughing with my boys, and Rocky Road ice cream.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Time Flies

I'm a stinky blogger.  No, I don't need new deodorant; I stink at this blog thing.  :)

I haven't posted since October.  That means I didn't put anything about Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year, etc. on here.  Whoops.

Here's my excuse:  I'm busy!  We are all busy, and I really do like my little blog, so I need to spend more time on it.  I think I shall!

Today, however, I'm going to tell you about my weight-loss group at church.  It's awesome!  I heard Lysa Terkeurst on Focus on the Family talking about her book Made to Crave.  God spoke right directly to my heart and said, "You're going to do this at church.  There's going to be a group.  It's a need."  So I said right back, "Uh, seriously, God?  Really?  You know my schedule.  You know what my life is like right now!  Do I have to remind You that I have 18 hours in school and three children?  God, really now.  I'll do this in Summer when I have more time, m'kay?"

So we started our group on February 6th.  (God can be a little... well... insistent.) It is a great time of fellowship and sharing struggles and giving each other ideas and strength and blessing each other with our presence.  I firmly believe that.  We are all blessed by the presence of the others there.  I know I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment